If you are looking for the easiest way to AirDrop from iPhone to Mac, you have landed on the right page. Gone are those days where you had to spend hours transferring files from your iPhone to Mac. Apple has made it easier to transfer various files between iOS devices via AirDrop. If you are working in an iOS environment, AirDrop is a huge time saver. Through AirDrop, you can transfer photos, notes, videos, and more within a few seconds between iOS devices.
The only condition to send and receive files is that the device needs to be close and connected with either Bluetooth or Wi-Fi. In this article, we will guide you on how to AirDrop from iPhone to Mac within a few simple steps. So, without any delay, let us take a closer look at the transfer process.
More iPhone Guides:
Turning on AirDrop to Send a File From your iPhone:
Before you AirDrop content from your iPhone to Mac, you need to turn on the AirDrop from your iPhone. You can turn on the AirDrop quickly by following the steps below.
- Open Settings on your iPhone.
- Go to General.
- Now, go to the AirDrop section, and you will get an option to turn off AirDrop completely, Contacts Only, and Everyone. You can choose the one that is comfortable for you.
Turn on AirDrop on Mac to Receive files:
Turning on AirDrop on Mac is as simple as it was on iPhone. Here’s what you need to do:
- Head to Finder –> Go.
- Click on the AirDrop heading. If you have turned off your Wi-Fi or Bluetooth, Mac will ask you to turn it on.
- Now, an AirDrop window will appear. From here, you can choose who can AirDrop you. Select the option according to your preference, and you are all set!
How to Airdrop files from iPhone to Mac?
Now that you have turned on AirDrop on both iOS devices follow the steps below to AirDrop files from iPhone to Mac.
- Open the file that you want to send with AirDrop from your iPhone. Over here, we are going to AirDrop photos from iPhone to Mac.
- On the left of your screen, tap on the Share option.
- Tap on the AirDrop option that appears in the menu as soon as you click on the Share button.
- Now, wait for a few seconds until your iPhone recognizes all the nearby devices.
- Select the device to which you want to transfer the file.
- You will receive the option of either Accepting the file or decline the file. Click on Accept.
- The file will transfer from your iPhone to Mac within a few seconds. Once the file is received successfully, you can view it on your Downloads folder on the Mac.
Frequently Asked Questions:
Where does the file go if I AirDrop files from iPhone to Mac?
Once you AirDrop files from the iOS device to your Mac, the files automatically go to the User Downloads folder. You can look for the files in the Downloads folder after someone AirDropped you.
Can I AirDrop from iPhone to Apple Computer?
Yes, you can AirDrop from your iPhone to any iOS device within a few seconds. If you own an Apple computer, you can AirDrop files from your phone directly by clicking on Share > AirDrop.
Unsurprisingly, AirDrop is the most convenient way to send files between iOS devices. All you need to do is keep the devices nearby and turn on Bluetooth. So, start AirDropping your files between your iPhone and Mac immediately by following the above steps. We hope you found our article on How to AirDrop from iPhone to Mac useful. If you need any help, let us know in the comment section below.
You may also like:
- How to Cancel Apple Arcade?
- How to Turn Off & On iPhone 12?
- Best Call Recorder Apps for iPhone
- 15+ Best Accessories for iPhone 12
- Best Wireless Charging Pads