So you’re a satisfied Android user, but a little curious, and you’ve been staring at Apple’s new AirPods Pro and thinking whether Airpods Pro works with Android or not? You could have devices that use Android operating systems, but you want to put your hands on Apple Airpods. Whatever the motives, rest assured the Airpods works with Android. They’re only Bluetooth buds, after all.
They are expected to work with any modern device that has the support of Bluetooth. We have also mentioned some more information about steps to connect Airpods with your android device and the limitations you might have to consider before using Airpods with an Android device.
- Got New Airpods Pro? Check 21 AirPods Pro Tips and Tricks from our Blog section.
Steps to Connect your Airpods with Android:
Here are the steps that you can use to connect AirPods with an Android device. Make sure that you follow all these steps carefully so that you don’t miss out on anything.
- On your Android device, swipe down the Notification panel and turn your Bluetooth On.
- Once you have turned on your Bluetooth, navigate to the Bluetooth settings. Simultaneously open the lid of your Apple Airpods/ Airpods Pro and long-press the button present on the rear side of your Airpods.
- In your, Bluetooth Setting Navigate to the ‘Pair a new device’ button and click on it. This will start searching for all the Bluetooth devices in your area.
- After the search is complete and you have found your Apple Airpods Pro or Airpods, tap on it to connect.
- After following these steps, you will be able to use Airpods with your Android device and would be able to do all the stuff that the Airpods support with Android.
Limitations of using Airpods with Android devices:
When you are using Apple AirPods with an Android device, the compatibility is not the same as you would get on an Apple device. We might all be familiar with Apple’s ecosystem that works perfectly. The only limitation of using AirPods with an Android device is that.
- You won’t be able to connect Apple AirPods with the same speed that you can connect with an Apple device.
- Wear detection will not be active. That means auto pause and autoplay will not work when you remove your AirPods from your ear.
- You won’t be able to activate Google assistant, like how apple users can activate Siri. The reason being that AirPods were designed for the use of Apple users only where android compatibility was not taken care of.
- You won’t be able to see the battery life of your Airpods and the Case like how you used to see in an Apple device. You will need to download a third-party application: AirBattery, to see this.
This was our short post on- Do Airpods work with Android. We hope that we have clarified this topic and also informed you about the constraints for the same. If you have any more questions, drop them in the comment box below, and we will get back to you as soon as possible.
You may also like: