Are you looking for an easy method to get a refund from Cyberpunk 2077? As the most anticipated game, Cyberpunk 2077, didn’t do well on their customer’s expectations, its players are looking for a way to get a refund.
Well, the process might not be as simple as it seems. But don’t get in a flap; this article covers all your questions regarding Cyberpunk 2077 and its refund.
Cyberpunk 2077 – Introduction
An action role-playing video game developed by CD Projekt. It was released on 10 December 2020 on multiple platforms such as Windows, PlayStation 4, Stadia, and Xbox One.
However, to much dismay of the players, the game had several shortcomings on performance and bug issues on account of which the players demanded a refund.
Within seven days of its release, Sony pulled the game, stating that they will refund the unhappy customers who purchased the game digitally.
Moreover, CD Projekt Red also apologized and confirmed that they would refund their unsatisfied customers. For now, Sony has removed the game until further notice. Microsoft has agreed to give a refund, but it did not take down the game from its digital storefront.
Steps to Get Cyberpunk 2077 Refund – 2021 Guide
The refund policies vary on each platform. Certain factors are to be taken note of, like the time within which the company will refund the money and through what medium. So without beating around the bush, let’s look into the different factors influencing the refund policies for Cyberpunk 2077.
Refund on PC:
The process for PC users of Cyberpunk 2077 depends highly upon the store from which you have purchased the game. Its main stores are GOG, Steam, and Epic Games Store. Following are the methods provided by each of them to get a refund according to their policies:
1. For GOG
The standard protocols of GOG direct you to contact their Customer Support Team within 30 days of purchase.
After applying for the refund, they will provide you with two options: converting the amount into GOG wallet funds or a Cashback through the payment method. Depending upon the transaction method used, it can take a few working days.
2. For Steam
Steam has a bit of a rigid policy as compared to other platforms. They offer their users a full refund if they have applied for it within 14 days and played the game for not more than 2 hours. To begin the refund process,
- Apply for it from the Steam Support page and log in to your steam account.
- Select the Cyberpunk 2077 game from the popular product list and click on ‘It’s not what I expected’.
- Then steam will direct you through the steps to get a refund.
3. Epic Games Store
Epic Games has one of the fairest procedures. The eligibility period for refund is 14 days from the day of purchase and not more than 2 hours runtime of the game.
You can only apply for a refund to those items which are marked as ‘refundable.’ If you’re eligible, then you will also get a refund for all the in-app purchases you made.
- You can apply for a refund by navigating to their Epic Games Store and Launcher help page.
- From there, you can select the Contact us option and submit your refund request.
Some purchasers are qualified to apply for a refund directly by
- Signing in to their accounts and clicking on the transaction option.
- Select the title of the game Cyberpunk 2077 and expand it.
- The request refund option will appear, click on it and select the reason for wanting a refund and confirm it to apply.
4. Refund on PlayStation
Once your purchase from the PlayStation store is verified, you’re eligible for a refund. As there were so many complaints from the users of Cyberpunk 2077, sony has separately generated a link to request for refund on Cyberpunk 2077 purchase.
- You can click on this link; it will direct you to the Cyberpunk 2077 refund page.
- Sign in to your account.
- Select the click here to submit a refund request option. From there on, you can easily apply for a refund.
5. Refund on Xbox
Microsoft has announced that they are expanding their refund policy for the users who have purchased Cyberpunk 2077.
This implies that whoever purchased the game from the Xbox store is eligible for a full refund. Irrespective of the game’s runtime and the period for which one owned the game. You can simply apply for a refund by,
- Signing in to your Xbox account.
- Go to the list of the purchased product.
- Click on Cyberpunk 2077 and select request refund. It will direct you to the process of applying for a refund.
These are the possible methods to get your money back after the initial purchase. Remember you are only eligible if you meet the criteria.
We hope the guidelines provided above helps you in getting your money back. In case you have any questions, please drop them in the comments section, and we will get back to you shortly.
You may also like: