Are you looking to delete all photos from your iPhone? Apart from the photos and videos, hardly anything else virtually takes up your phone’s space. Gone are those days when movies were supposed to be downloaded after OTTs became so popular. Technically, whenever you are running out of space on your iPhone, you have to go to your collection of photos & videos before any other app.
Again, if you have the newer iPhone with more storage, there are chances that you would never face low-storage problems. We all know how Apple has been continuously giving us phones with great camera quality. With great photo and video quality comes higher chances of running low on storage sooner than later.
Reclaiming space on your phone in a hurry would require you to delete your photos & videos. Deleting from the iPhone does not delete it from Dropbox, Google Drive, or Google Photos if you have synced them. It helps to be a subscriber of iCloud because of the easy automatic sync on Mac, iPad, iPhone, and more.
More iPhone Guides:
- Create Custom Ringtone on iPhone
- Best Call Recorder Apps for iPhone
- How to Transfer Photos from iPhone to PC?
Best Ways To Delete All Photos from iPhone:
The most basic way to delete photos from your iPhone is to go to the “Photos” app, click on “Select” followed by you marking the chosen photos and videos that you want to delete. After the selection process is completed, you would have to click on “delete” in order to remove the photos from your device.
However, that’s not it because after deleting the photos, they move to a different album named “Recently Deleted”. This is the manual process that a lot of people follow but in order to be a technology geek, you should know how to delete all photos from your iPhone at once.
How to delete all the photos on your iPhone:
- Open the “Photos” app on any iPhone
- After the app has opened, Tap on the “Albums” tab at the bottom of the screen which would give you a thumbnail view of all the albums that have been created on your phone. This is also called a photo library.
- Find “All Photos” on the photo library and click on it in order to access every single photo and video that is present on your Apple iPhone at that particular point in time. It might also be called “Camera Roll” if iCloud is not activated on your phone.
- Tap the “Select” button that will be available on the top right.
- For a short time, tap your finger on the most recent photo or ‘image capture‘ on your iPhone and then drag all the way from the bottom to the top, thus selecting all the photos available on your phone. What this does is it allows you to select all the photos without you having to tap on each one of them.
The dragging part does the trick and the album keeps scrolling upwards. It may take a little longer depending on how many photos you have on your phone. The middle of the title bar would keep telling you how many photos you have selected and the number keeps increasing while the album scrolls.
- After all, the photos have been selected and you can see the exact number on the title bar, you would now want to delete it. You will find a trash icon in the right bottom corner of your phone. All you need to do is click on that trash icon and confirm the deletion process.
- In order to permanently delete all the photos on your iPhone, you have to go to the “Recently Deleted” section in “Other Albums”. The folder would show the number of photos available in it.
- Tap “Select” which will be available on the top right corner.
- After you have clicked “Select”, a new option of “Delete All” would be visible on the bottom left corner. Click on it.
- Tapping that would ask you for a confirmation and after you confirm it, all the photos from your iPhone will be permanently deleted, thus leaving you with a lesser storage crisis.
How to Permanently Delete Photos from iCloud?
If you wish to permanently delete your iCloud photos from Apple iCloud, follow these steps:
- Go to the official website of iCloud which is iCloud.com
- After the webpage opens up, you would find a portal to enter your login ID and password. After entering the credentials, click on “login.
- Prior to the login procedure, you have access to the Apple account which would have a menu including iCloud Drive, Photos, Notes, Reminders, Calendar, Contacts, and so on. Click on “Photos” from the menu.
- All the photos on iCloud will be visible on that particular page for you to choose the photo/photos that you want to delete.
- Tap your finger on the photos you want to delete. After selecting the images you want to remove from your iCloud and save space, click on “Delete” or “trash can icon”.
- Clicking on the delete button would move the photos to the “Recently Deleted” in the album tab just like on any Apple device. Visit “Recently Deleted”, click on “Select” and then “Delete All”.
Deleting photos from iCloud can be a great strategy to lower space consumption on your iPhone. This is because when a photo is in iCloud as well as in your iPhone, the photos on the iPhone are the optimized ones until you manually open them. Basically, it consumes just the memory a thumbnail would consume. The same applies to videos that take up way less memory when optimized. That is not the only strategy to save memory on your device though. The procedure to delete all the photos are almost similar on iPad and Mac except for the dragging part on mac.
How To Delete Photos from iPhone using Mac?
Here are the steps on how to delete your iPhone’s photos using a Macbook or an iMac:
- Connect the iPhone to the macOS device that you have.
- Launch spotlight and search “Image Capture”.
- Open image capture and in the left-hand column, click on the iPhone icon available.
- A page with all your iPhone photos will appear from where you have to choose the photos that you want to delete. CMD + click on all the photos that are supposed to be deleted.
- After having done so, click on the “delete” icon which is available at the bottom of the window. This will delete the photos on your iPhone.
How to delete photos from iPhone using Windows?
- Connect the iPhone to your Windows device
- Once the device is connected and you can access the iPhone’s file on your Windows Explorer, navigate to the DCIM folder of your iPhone storage on your Windows device.
- Select the pictures that you wish to be deleted. To select all, you have to click Ctrl+A on the keyboard.
- For the deletion, click Shift+Del on your keyboard and all the files will be gone permanently from your iPhone too.
Having an application that allows you to store your videos and photos for free is a great way, especially when iCloud is free only up to 5GB. Any photo that you save in Google Drive, Dropbox, MEGA, or Google Photos would stay on the internet with only you having the access to it. These are available for all devices including iPad and Mac.
Some of these cloud storage apps require you to upload the videos and photos manually which may get tiring whereas some of these just syncs automatically, storing all your pictures & videos in a safe place. Obviously, unlimited space isn’t free for all applications but there are huge chances that any cloud storage would give you 25GB of space for your devices which is more than enough for a lot of people.
Overall, these were the ways how all photos can be deleted from the iPhone, along with tips on how to save storage space when you do not have the newer iPhones.
You may also like:
- Best Accessories for iPhone 12
- How to Hide Apps on iPhone
- Best Cases for iPhone 12, Mini, Pro & Pro Max
- How to Fix iPhone Stuck on Apple Logo
- How to Clear Cache On iPhone?