Are you getting Roblox Error Code 279? Perhaps you’re getting a connection error that has made it impossible for you to join any game. It’s time for you to learn how to fix Roblox Error Code 279 annoying problem! In this article, you will learn everything about the error code and how to fix it. With that in mind, let’s begin!
What is Roblox Error Code 279?
The code is basically a way for Roblox to tell you that the connection has failed. It can be related to your client and its failure to join the server. You will also get this error message if Roblox can’t load the game.
There are countless reasons for this failure, generally related to connection in general. It could be your Windows Firewall acting up.
Perhaps your Browser Extension isn’t working correctly. Did you check your port address? Or maybe, the antivirus is restricting the connection. Sometimes, it might be if Roblox is down.
Know more about Roblox:
Reasons For Roblox Error Code 279:
The first tell that you are most likely going to get the error is when the game is taking forever to load. If it is not going to finish loading anytime soon, you will end up getting the error.
Sometimes, the game notifies you later that the server has shut down, leading to problems. Other reasons might be:
- Slow internet connection.
- Windows Firewalls prevent the connection from passing through.
- A large map takes a lot of time to load. If you have slow internet or a low-performing device than Roblox’s requirement, it will most likely end in disconnection.
- The opposite is also true. If the game values, empty like without players and items, the error might appear.
How to Fix Roblox Error Code 279 (Possible Fixes)
Before you begin contemplating the solutions, ensure that you have high-speed connectivity. That’s the primary solution to almost every Roblox problem you might face.
If you have high-speed internet and still face the problem, it’s time to diagnose:
Chrome For Compatibility:
If you use any browser other than Chrome to play Roblox, you are more prone to the error. Chrome is a highly compatible browser that would bring you efficient and smooth gameplay on Roblox.
Make sure that you have it set as your default browser because playing on it is not enough. Similarly, you might want to check that the browser is up to date.
Check The Extensions:
The extension on your Google Chrome may be the root cause of the problem. You might have an ad-blocker or other extensions active.
It’s better to disable or deactivate different extensions if you want to enjoy a seamless Roblox gameplay. Alternatively, you can disable and enable specific extensions to see which one allows you to play the game and prevents the connection error.
Anti-Virus Can Be Anti-Roblox:
Roblox is a game, but there is also a virus of the same name that exists. Therefore, sometimes Anti-virus may confuse the two and block you from playing Roblox.
It’s a better idea to disable your Anti-virus, at least for the duration of your gameplay. You can restore your anti-virus. If your anti-virus allows for the settings, you can add the Roblox game to the exceptions, much like the firewall you will learn below.
Go Back To The Defaults or Clear Cache:
If the problem persists, it might be due to the settings of your Chrome Browser. Somewhere along the lines, you’ve made a change that has led to a connection problem with Roblox. Before you restore default settings, you can try clearing the cache of the browser. For that:
- Go to the History (Or Press CTRL + H on Browser).
- Click on ‘Clear Browsing Data’.
- You can now use this option to clear the data or cached data specifically.
- Once clear, you can restart the browser.
If that doesn’t work, then follow through with:
- Go to the settings again and find Advanced options.
- In there, you will find ‘Restore to default,’ select it, and initiate it.
- Now, you will have a refreshing browser ready to play Roblox.
Breaking Through The Firewalls:
It might be risky to disable Firewalls for you to play Roblox ultimately. Sure, you can disable it for the time you’re playing Roblox.
However, you might often forget to enable it again. So, what can you do? It’s better to pass some things through the Firewall, including your Roblox. So, how can you achieve that?
- You can visit the control panel (settings) of your PC or type ‘Windows Firewall’ in the search bar.
- Click on it to access it. Now, you can enable or disable it right there, without any problem.
- Alternatively, you will find the ‘Allow a program through the firewall’ option. Click on it.
- There you will find an assortment of apps. Ensure that your Google Chrome is checked to allow it through the Firewall.
- If the problem persists, then you might have to disable the firewall.
The Final Solution – Port Forwarding
The problem may lie in your ISP’s port forwarding capacities. Some allow automated port forwarding, but others might require a manual process. Here’s all you need to do:
- Access the settings of your router. You need to be an Administrator for the right permissions.
- Go to the ‘Port Forwarding’ Options of your Router’s settings.
- Now, if you don’t know your IP, get it by asking Google, ‘What’s my IP.’ Because you will have to write down the IP in the port-forwarding option.
- Select UDP as protocol and enter ‘49152 65535’ or any similar series in the port range
- Restart your router and establish a connection
- Now, the Roblox should work just fine.
What Are The Roblox IDs?
When Roblox fails to connect, along with the code, it also showcases one of the IDs.
There are Three IDs, 17, 146, and 148. Now, 146 appears when you, the player, are trying to start on the map somewhere other than the spawn location. So, 146 and 148 are kind of related to hacking, and nothing can be done there.
However, ID = 17 appears when you reconnect to the server while Roblox is killing the previous server or website. It is the most annoying error and a frequent one.
In this error, players are prone to losing game progress. Even their save files.
That’s everything you can do for the Roblox Error Code 279. Hopefully, you find the perfect solution to the problem.
If you are getting the other two IDs, stop doing anything, like using third-party apps or extensions. That’s the best advice you can get. So, have fun and play Roblox error-free with these quick solutions.
You may also like: