Have a lot of stress and workload? Is this the reason that your head is spinning around? Headaches are one of the most common complaints of people of every age. Headache is a type of spin that has its origin in the head region, which may migrate to other areas like the facial and cervical regions. There are several types of headaches, which are harmless and temporary and get resolved gradually on their own. When people have frequent moderate to severe levels of Headache, then it is undoubtedly a cause of concern. In that case, the person needs to seek immediate treatment. Frequent headaches can also impact your ability to perform daily tasks or activities and your quality of life.
Exercise can help people with frequent headaches as it helps release tension from the body and positively impacts the body’s chemistry by releasing endorphins. The best thing to know about exercise is that it helps boost the oxygen level and reduce the risk of tension headaches and migraines. Those suffering from frequent headaches need to consider the best exercise to treat the symptoms of headaches.
Different types of headaches:
We know that there are several types of headaches. A few of the common types are listed below.
- Tension is a common headache that mainly occurs due to stress or pressure.
- Cervicogenic Headache is the other type of Headache that is specifically related to neck muscle.
- Migraine is widely found in people due to various reasons. Those suffering from migraine headaches are sensitive to light and sound.
- Secondary headaches occur from an underlying condition, like fever, infections, or sinus disorder, or in rare cases; they can occur due to a tumor or other serious illness.
- Along with that, there are some unspecified headaches.
It is essential to consult a physical therapist for better treatment and to eliminate the cause of headaches. A physical therapist will perform a specific clinical examination that helps them diagnose the type of Headache and develop an effective treatment plan for the patient.
Benefits of physical therapy:
We all know that physical therapy is the most effective way to deal with physical health issues. The best thing about the physical therapy program is that it also contributes to treating the symptoms associated with headaches. Physical therapy is proven to decrease the intensity of headaches and help resolve the frequency and duration of the Headaches. A physical therapist will provide some therapeutic exercises or stretches that can effectively reduce and resolve headaches-related issues.
Physical therapy also helps to decrease the dependency on medications. Pharmaceutical drugs and medicines relieve headaches, but their long-term dependence has several other side effects on overall health. Physical therapy is one such approach that helps you relieve headaches and avoid medication use. Physical therapy helps to treat the symptoms of a headache naturally. The main objective of physical therapy is to improve the ease of motion in the neck to enhance the patient’s quality of life.
Here are some suggestions about exercises that can help relieve your Headache.
- Yoga – Tightness in the muscle, poor posture, and stress can lead to headaches and worsen your Headache. In that case, yoga proves to be of great help. Yoga will help you improve the flexibility and posture of your neck portion and ensure relaxation from the tight muscles. Yoga is proven very effective for headaches as it helps balance the mind, body, and soul, providing positive vibes and effects on the mood to eliminate stress and anxiety.
- Stretching – It is recommended to stretch for about 10 minutes a day to reduce the cause of headaches. The best thing about stretching is that it helps ease tension and promote greater mental awareness. Stretching is a great way to deal with the symptoms of headaches as it helps to control tension.
- Progressive muscle relaxation – This is considered the most effective technique to treat headaches permanently. Muscle tension accompanies stress or anxiety and allows us to learn to relax the muscle during the process. In these techniques, you tense and then release the muscle groups. This helps to reduce the emotional and physical stress that causes headaches.
Many people take headaches very lightly. It is essential to know that headaches can also be the symptoms of other health issues, making it crucial to get proper treatment. You can consider a trained and certified physical therapist for headaches. You can book your appointment to fix your issues most effectively and conveniently. If you have frequent headaches, you need to seek immediate medical intervention. Your prompt action will help you to access positive results.