If you have landed on this page, it means you have been looking for ways to download Kindle reader for PC. So, if we have your attention, we are going to walk you through simple ways to read Kindle Books on desktop. But first things first! Let’s quickly understand what is this amazing thing call Amazon Kindle? Well, possibly the most popular electronic reader developed by amazon, Kindle is a hardware device. To put into simple words, it is that amazing piece of technology that lets you carry millions of books on the go.
Curling up under a cozy, warm blanket, sipping a cup of coffee, and reading your favorite e-book on Kindle seems to be the best way to spend lazy weekends. However, what if, you do not have the access to your Kindle device right now? Will you give up the idea then? Thanks to Amazon! Like always, it has come up with a unique solution for all the avid readers out there.
You can conveniently read your favorite Kindle books on the Kindle Cloud Reader or by using the Kindle for PC. If you want to use the Kindle for PC app, then simply download it on your computer. Then, you can use your Amazon account to sync all your Kindle e-books on any device of your choice. The Kindle Cloud Reader, on the other hand, eases the process further. You don’t need to download any software. Simply get access to all your favorite Kindle e-books using a web browser.
Features Of Kindle for PC:
- The features are almost similar to that of the Kindle device.
- A reader can conveniently place bookmarks, add notes, and highlight the text.
- It is quite easy to adjust the size of the texts and format the pages as per requirement.
- The app is highly compatible with almost all the versions of Windows, for instance, Windows 7 to 10, Windows XP, Windows 2000, Windows 98, and Windows Me.
Kindle Cloud Reader:
With the Kindle Cloud Reader, you will not be required to download any app or software. You can simply browse your favorite Kindle e-book and read them using your web browser. Also, it is possible to read all your Kindle books on any other reader app. All you have to do is to remove the Kindle DRM from these e-books.
Steps to Download Kindle for PC:
- Open your browser and click on this link.
- Now, you will find 3 options, Download on the app store, get it on google play and Download for PC & Mac. Click on the Download for PC & Mac option. check image.
- Now, your .exe (executable file for windows PC) will start downloading.
- After installing “Kindle for PC” enter your credentials and log-in to your Amazon account.
- Done, All of your ebooks will now show up in the Kindle application.
How can you read Kindle books on your laptop or computer?
- When you already have a Kindle device or at least have the Kindle app installed on some other device, then you can simply download all the books that you have purchased to date.
- Do not worry about the notes, bookmarks, and other progress, as these things will get transferred over.
- Now, simply go for Select All that is visible under the Library options.
- Finally, choose the cover of the book that you are interested in reading on your PC.
If you don’t wish to download the Kindle app on your system, you can even use Kindly cloud reader. That will solve the purpose of not using the Kindle device and using the laptop instead.
Steps to Use Kindle Cloud Reader:
- Visit read.amazon.com
- Sign in to your Amazon account.
- Select a book in your library.
- Use the arrows keys to scroll through the book.
That’s it! See how easy it is to use Kindle on Desktop.
To Search Something in the book:
The easy way to search for something in the book is to type the term in the Search box located at the top right corner. In case you don’t find it, move your cursor to the top and it should appear.
To Change the Font Size:
Simple use the Aa button to change your preference of the font. Move your cursor over the top of the page to see the toolbar. You can use this toolbar to change position, color, margins, etc.
To add notations and bookmarks:
The Kindle Cloud Reader also lets you add highlights, bookmark a page, and add notations. Simply click the bookmark icon on the toolbar and your current page will be bookmarked. To highlight sentences or set of words, simply select the sentence and choose the highlight option that will auto appear. To add notations, select the portion, and add your text. Click on Save to finish.
Tips and tricks to use the Kindle App for PC:
- If you wish to make adjustments in the font and page layouts, then select the “Aa” option at the top of the app window.
- You can turn the pages by swiping or selecting the left or right side of the screen. The left and right arrow keys on your keyboard also perform the same function.
- In order to place a bookmark, you need to tap or select the upper-right corner of the page. By doing this, you will be able to see a blue symbol there. This indicates that you have bookmarked a page successfully.
- If you wish to see your highlights, bookmarks, etc., then choose the Show Notebook option in the upper right corner.
- Want to make a note? Simply right-click anywhere on the page. You can also press or hold if using a tablet. The index card symbol in the left pane will help you in creating flashcards.
This was the simple guide to help you with using Kindle on your PC. Hope you find these hacks useful when you are not carrying your Kindle device with you or you want to use Kindle on desktop. If you are someone who has already used Kindle on Laptop, do share your feedback. If there is anything you want to share that can be helpful to other users looking for ways to use Kindle on PC, drop it in the comment box below. We are open to updating this piece of information.
You might also like: