QuickBooks is one of the most preferred tools for helping small business owners manage their accounting, payroll, and bookkeeping activities. Encapsulating advanced functionalities and attributes, QuickBooks simplifies financial management up to a great extent. As compared to other accounting tools, QB is the easiest to use. Every year QuickBooks Payroll Support releases its new versions with features and security updates to retain the stability of the software. However, while installing QuickBooks Desktop for Windows, you may come across error code 1712. This specific error can occur because of harmed operating system or framework documents on your Windows computer.
The error 1712 is accompanied by a message –
“We’re sorry! Something went wrong with the installation. Error 1712. Your files required to restore your computer to its previous state could not be found. Restoration can’t be possible.”
To learn more about this error let’s plunge through the details below.
Reasons for QuickBooks error 1712
Error 1712 is a common error that occurs due to damage or corruption of the operating system. However, apart from this, there are several other reasons also that can lead to this issue, which include:
- Malware or virus attack.
- Harmed documents.
- The older version of QuickBooks hasn’t been removed properly.
- Windows registry pile-ups.
Related Article: Best Online Tools to Automate Your Business Processes
Common Signs and Symptoms for Error 1712
Some of the common visible signs and symptoms of errors 1712 are:
- Trouble while shutting down the system.
- The slowdown of OS performance.
- Malfunctioning of Microsoft core components.
- Window display turning blue.
- Application lockup and freezing.
- Enter devices encountering difficulty while running.
Methods to Resolve QuickBooks Error 1712
Solution 1: Install and Use the QuickBooks Tools Hub
The QuickBooks Tool Hub is a one-stop solution for resolving multiple QB errors including 1712. It is advisable to use the QB tool hub on Windows 10, 64 bits.
- To use the tool hub, first, you need to close the QuickBooks application.
- Download the latest version of QuickBooks Tool Hub and save the file where you can easily find it. (If you have already installed the Tool Hub before, check out its version)
- Next, open the downloaded file (exe).
- To install the application, follow steps as they appear and agree to the terms and conditions.
- After the completion of the installation, double the tool hub icon to open it. (If you can’t find it, look for it using the Windows search option)
Now, you are required to perform a quick fix through QB Tools Hub. To perform it, follow the steps below:
- Open QuickBooks Tools Hub and select the option Program Problems.
- Then, choose the option Quick Fix my Program.
- Now, again try installing QuickBooks.
If nothing happens, then log-in to your Windows account using administrator rights and try to re-install the QB again.
Solution 2: Use Selective Startup mode to present QuickBooks and remove a mistake
- Restart your PC.
- Press Window +R or type Run in the search bar of the start button to open the Run window.
- Type command MSConfig in Run window and hit OK to proceed.
- A window will open up, click on the General tab and locate the Selective Startup
- From the drop-down select Load System Services.
- After this, go to the Services tab and select the option Hiding all Microsoft Services located at the downside.
- Next, under the Services section open on the right side, select Disable All Catch.
- Uncheck Hide all Microsoft Service check box.
- Make sure the checkboxes for Windows Installer alternative in administrations have been checked.
- Once you are done with this, hit OK.
- Restart application on Systems Configuration Window.
- Reboot your QB and once the process is complete you can introduce your QuickBooks programming again.
Using above mentioned solutions, you can easily resolve QuickBooks error code 1712. If you encounter any issues while performing the above steps, get in touch with the QuickBooks Tech support team. They’ll assist you to resolve all QB related issues without breaking a sweat. The QB team is always available to solve all critical issues of its clients.