Did you switch to iPhone 12 and can’t find how to screen record on your phone? Well, you have landed on the right post. Apple’s in-built screen recorder comes in handy whenever you want to record anything. You can record almost everything you do on your iPhone 12 using the screen recorder.
In this article, we will guide you on how to screen record on iPhone 12 within a few simple steps. So, without any further delay, let’s get you started!
More iPhone Guides:
- How to Turn Off & On iPhone 12?
- Best Call Recorder Apps for iPhone
- How to AirDrop from iPhone to Mac?
How to Screen Record on iPhone 12?
So let’s move to know the best methods to screen record on iPhone 12:
Adding Screen Record to the Control Center:
Screen recording on iPhone 12 is straightforward and can be done even if you are new to the iOS world. However, before screen recording, it is necessary to add a screen recorder to the control center so that you can find the options quickly. Here’s how to add a screen recorder to the control center:
- Open Settings on your iPhone 12.
- Navigate the control center and click on it.
- Over here, you will see various apps that you can add. Scroll down and find Screen Recording.
- Click on the green plus logo next to the Screen Recording.
- Screen Recorder is now added to the control center.
How to Screen Record on iPhone 12?
Once you add the screen recording to the control center, screen recording can be done within a breeze. Follow the steps below to screen record on your iPhone 12:
- Swipe downwards on your iPhone 12 from the upper right corner (from the network bar).
- From the control center, tap on the screen record icon.
- The screen record will take three seconds till the recording starts.
- The recording is now started, and everything you do on your iPhone 12 will be recorded.
- After you are done recording, click on the red bar at your screen’s left corner.
- A confirmation window will appear. Click on Stop.
Congratulations! You have now screen recorded on your iPhone 12. The screen recording is automatically saved in the Photos on your device.
How to Screen Record on iPhone 12 with Sound?
When you follow the method, we mentioned above to screen record, the audio is not recorded by default. Although it records the audio that plays within a particular app, for example, the audio gets recorded if you are recording a YouTube video.
However, if you want to record a narrating voice with the screen recording, you will have to change a setting on your iPhone. Here’s the most straightforward method to do so:
- Swipe downwards on your screen from the right upper corner to open the control center. (Same as screen recording method above).
- Tap and hold the screen recording icon.
- Press on the Microphone on option at the bottom.
- Click on the Start recording option to start recording.
- Once you are done, press on the red bar that appears at the left top of your iPhone 12 screen.
- Confirm it by clicking on the Stop option.
Along with the screen recording, you can narrate your voice, and the recording will automatically be saved in your Photos. This is beneficial for users who are recording a tutorial.
Frequently Asked Questions:
Is there any limitation to what you can screen record?
Although you can screen record everything on your iPhone 12, the only limitation to screen record is on streaming platforms such as Netflix, Amazon Prime, and more. Since screen recording violates the terms and conditions of the streaming platform, you won’t be able to screen record on such apps.
Can I screen record YouTube videos?
Screen recording a YouTube video is similar to screen recording a regular video. Swipe downwards from the upper right corner on your iPhone 12 and press screen record. You can then open YouTube and play the video that you want to screen record.
Is it possible to record a phone call on iPhone 12?
Apple does not allow any third-party app to record a phone call. Even if the app claims to record a voice call, it may not certainly work when you download it.
Screen recording comes in handy whenever you want to record a vital tutorial or thing. Especially with Apple’s in-built Screen recorder, you no longer have to Jailbreak your iPhone or download any third-party apps. You can either screen record without the narrative voice or with the narrative voice on your iPhone 12 with the easiest method mentioned above.
So, what are you waiting for? Now that you have got the quickest solution start screen recording your favorite music videos and tutorials! We hope you found our article on how to screen record on iPhone 12 useful. If you need any help from us, let us know in the comment section below.
You may also like:
- Turn Videos into a Live Photo on iPhone
- How to Lock Apps on iPhone?
- How to Create Apps Folders in iPhone?
- How to Cancel Apple Arcade?
- 15+ Best Accessories for iPhone 12