The digital age is upon us, and with the current work from the home era, more people are using applications like Zoom to hold meetings and conferences. Zoom has become one of the largest digital platforms that make online communication simpler and more convenient. So let’s dive into the post to know how to setup Zoom Meeting.
However, setting up a Zoom meeting can be overwhelming, especially when hosting a meeting for the first time. Luckily, we have got your back. In this post, we have laid out the most convenient way to set up a Zoom meeting on both Mobile and Pc/Laptop.
So, keep your device ready and follow the instructions as we proceed ahead.
More Zoom Guides:
How to Download & Sign in on zoom:
Before we dive into our tutorial, it is crucial to download Zoom and sign in. To host a meeting, you need a Zoom app and need to sign in. Here’s how to do it:
- If you are using a smartphone or tablet, Zoom can be installed from the Appstore (iOS) or Playstore (Android).
- Once the app finishes installing, tap on the icon and enter it. When you enter, you can see options to “sign-in” or “join a meeting.” Tap on “sign up” on the welcome page.
- Enter the details required – full name and email address. Then read and agree to the terms of service.
- You will then see a “sign up” option in the top right corner. Tap on it.
- A confirmation email will be sent to the email account you used to sign up with an activation link. Once you activate your account, you can begin using Zoom to schedule or attend meetings.
Setting up a Zoom Meeting on Mobile:
Conducting a meeting on Zoom on your mobile phone is straightforward. Here’s how:
- Open the Zoom app on your mobile phone.
- Now, click on the orange icon with the ‘New Meeting’ option.
- Now, you can either choose to host with video on or video off. Once you have enabled or disabled the video, click on ‘Start a new meeting.’
- A popup will appear with the option to join audio. Press on ‘Click using internet audio.’
- Now, head over to the Participants section and click on Invite at the left bottom of your screen. Now you can either choose to send a text, an email, or another method to send an invite to your contacts.
Setting up a Zoom meeting on PC:
Setting up a Zoom meeting on Pc is similar to setting up on mobile.
- Launch the Zoom app or sign in to your account in a browser.
- Click on the Host a meeting option on your screen. You can either choose to join with a video or without a video.
- Click on the Orange icon that says ‘New Meeting.’
- A pop-up message will appear. Click on ‘Join with computer audio.’
- From the participant’s section, click on Invite, and you can invite people by sending them an email or using the meeting link, ID and password.
And that’s it! You can set up a Zoom meeting within a breeze with the steps mentioned above.
Frequently Asked Questions:
How long can I conduct a meeting on Zoom?
A free Zoom meeting is 40 minutes long, and once the time is up, all participants will be kicked out of the meeting. With a subscription, a meeting can last for a maximum of 24 hours.
How can I send invites to a Zoom meeting?
Once you schedule a meeting, click on ‘meetings’ and select the meeting you want to invite participants to. You can now copy the link for the meeting and share it with anyone.
Can I join the Zoom meeting without the app?
It is not necessary to download the Zoom app to join a meeting as a participant. You can log in to the meeting on a browser with the meeting link.