Almost every international applicant/student wants to study at British universities. However, for this, you must get a study permit. But getting a study permit in the UK can be quite difficult and challenging. This is because you must meet certain requirements if you want to get a visa for studying at a British academic institution. Keeping this in mind, today we are going over all the study visa requirements that you must meet if you plan to get a study permit for studying in the country.
Offer from a University
If you want a visa to the UK then you must get a CAS (Confirmation of Acceptance for Studies)/LOA from a British university. Why? Because it’s mandatory for students who plan to study in the country to get CAS before they can apply for a visa. Moreover, the students must apply for the study permit within six months of getting the letter of acceptance (LOA). Following are the courses for which you can apply to get a CAS:
- Part-time learning program with RQF level 7 or higher
- A full-time course with RQF level 6.7 or higher. To learn about the best full-time programs that you can study at a British university feel free to contact our best consultancy for UK in India.
- An English language program
- A foundation learning program for dentists/postgraduate doctors
Proficiency in English
If you seek to get a study visa in the country then you must submit proof of English proficiency. Many universities accept IELTS and TOEFL as proof of proficiency in English. However, if you apply to top British universities then you will need to appear for the SELT exam. Following is the score you must get in the SELT exam if you seek to study at a British university:
- Below degree level: B1
- Degree level or above: B2
Following are the eligibility criteria you must meet to complete your further studies in the UK:
- Age: 16 years
- Students must have a valid CAS
- Applicants must have adequate funds/resources to cover their tuition fee
- Applicant must have an accommodation in the nation
- B1 grade in the SELT exam
If you plan to study a UG/PG course in a British university then you must meet certain prerequisites. Additionally, you will need to submit tons of different documents if you seek to study at a British university. Following are the documents you will need to submit if you plan to study a UG/PG course in a British university:
- Valid passport
- Visa application form
- Recent photographs
- Visa fee receipt
- Proof of funds
- Confirmation of Acceptance for Studies
- ATAS certificate
- TB results
- Immigration Healthcare Surcharge receipt
- Police clearance certificate, etc.
Tuberculosis Test Result
If you seek to study in a British university then you will have to appear for the tuberculosis test. But if you won’t stay in the nation for more than 6 months then you won’t have to appear for the test. For the test, an X-ray of your chest will be taken. However, if the results of the test are uncertain then you may have to submit a sample of sputum for further analysis. Once the test is done the doctor will issue a TB-negative certificate to you.
Proof of Funds
To study in the UK, you will need to provide proof that you have adequate resources to support yourself. Following is the minimum amount you will need to cover your living cost in the country:
- £1,015 per month if you will study outside of London
- £1,300 per month if you will study in the London city
However, there are few situations in which you don’t have to submit proof of funds for studying in the nation:
- You have come to the UK previously for studies
- You are from a country that is listed in the differential evidence requirements
- The applicant/student is a student union sabbatical officer
New Immigration Rules in the Nation
- Only a few students can come to the country for higher studies.
- Students who enroll themselves in science or technology programs get priority in the nation for a visa.
- Students who complete their Ph.D. in the nation can stay and work in the study destination for 3 years. To learn about all the new immigration rules in more detail feel free to contact our study abroad consultants in India for UK.
Now you are aware of all the study visa requirements that you need to meet to get a visa to study in the UK. Besides this, now you are also aware of all the changes in the immigration policies of the country. So, make sure you keep in mind this information while applying for a study permit in the nation. This will ensure that you don’t face any difficulty in getting visa approval from the immigration authorities.